1. Always bet on the banker’s hand
In online baccarat, the chances are that the banker’s hand will win slightly better than the player’s, since the banker’s hand is determined by the player’s hand.
This means that the banker’s hand knows what to beat before deciding whether to draw a third card or not. According to statistics, this house advantage is 1.24%.
If you bet on the banker hand, you must pay a commission of 5% (your winnings are only paid you 95%), which reduces the bank advantage for the online casino to 1.06%.
So if you bet on the player’s hand, the bank advantage of the online casino is 1.24%.
However, if you bet on the banker’s hand, the bank advantage of the online casino is 1.06%.
2. Draw bet is not worth it
If you bet on a tie, these bets are not paid 1:1, but between 8:1 and 9:1, depending on the online casino. What sounds tempting at first, however, turns out to be the worst bet for you.
The probability of a tie is only 9.53%, which means a house advantage (e.g. an 8:1 payout) of 14%. These bets should therefore be avoided.
3. Baccarat money management
Read our Baccarat Money Management article to learn the best strategies to minimize your losses and end the game with more money in your pocket than you originally had. There are also various game strategies that can be applied to Baccarat.
Fibonacci System, Paroli System and Martingale System can all be used in this game, depending of course on how your individual preferences look in the game. Betting strategies are very useful for organizing your own bets and keeping track of them, but first read carefully which betting strategy best suits you and your game needs before trying them out.
To find a good online casino for baccarat visit http://www.bestbitcoinpoker.org/ and compare them.
In Baccarat, players have the option of betting on either the player or the banker. Bettors can also bet on the player and dealer ending up in a tie, but this bet really has very low odds of winning and should therefore be avoided.
You place the bets in the appropriate betting box on the table before the dealer deals the cards to the players, so you have to make the decision before you see the cards, so to speak. In total, there are only three bets in the game to consider, with no option to place another or additional side bets.
The payout odds for these three bets are as follows:
- Player bets are paid 1:1.
- Banker bets are paid 1:1, but with a 5% commission to the house.
- In most casinos, draws are paid 8:1, and sometimes (but rarely) 9:1.
The goal in Baccarat is to get as close as possible to the highest hand of the game – the Nine. Wins the hand that is closer to the Nine.
- Players bet on whether the banker’s or player’s hand wins or on a tie. Once the bets are placed, players can only observe how the game unfolds.
- The dealer deals two cards to the player field and two cards to the banker field.
- The Dealer assesses both hands according to the rules of the Baccarat game, including dealing additional cards.
- The dealer announces which hand or bet has won.
How does the dealer rate the player and banker hands?
It is absolutely not necessary for the player to understand how the cards and hands are rated by the dealer. All this is automatically determined according to the rules of the Baccarat game.
The Baccarat Table
On the Baccarat table, there are numbers engraved on the edge of the table that indicate the number of players.
A regular Baccarat table has room for 12-14 players. The table variant for 7-9 players (Mini Baccarat) is also widespread.
Above the player number you can see three boxes on the table:
- Punto (player): the first box closest to the number of players is the player competition box;
- Banco (bank): then comes the banker’s betting box;
- Tie: and finally the tie betting box furthest away from the field.
Select one of these three boxes on the table and place your bet here.
Mini Baccarat Table
Depending on which casino you are playing in, you may notice a Baccarat variation called Mini Baccarat.
This variation is offered in land based casinos as well as online casinos.
Mini Baccarat follows the same rules as the glamorous mother game, with some subtle differences:
- There is only one croupier instead of two or three as in stationary casinos.
- The game takes place at a table that has room for seven players. The table is a semicircle and has room for only seven players.
- The dealer deals all cards face up.
The Mini Baccarat Table is currently the most common table variation as in land based as well as online casinos. Live Baccarat Table – The Other Online Variation (Live Casino).
- In live casinos a table with only one player/banker field is often used.
- All bets are processed digitally for each player separately and each player sees only his own score.
- That’s why this Baccarat table variant has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- You can’t see how many players are playing and what bets they are making.
- However, there is all the more screen space for all other aspects: Cards, Dealers and Statistics.
- That’s why this table variation is particularly popular with smartphone and tablet players.